Nice to see you started your own thread. I hope to see lots of cities here
Although you are using the tutorial style, I can see you are trying out other stuff, so that's great.
- You can probably still fix the background by creating a new sheet just below the BACKGROUND sheet and then drawing a dust underground on that sheet. It will be drawn over the green background, but under all the other stuff, like the lake and buildings.
- Best tip I can give you at the moment is exporting the map at very large dimensions and then greatly resizing it in some graphics software. It's too zoomed in right now and the quality suffers. CC3 can't do any anti-aliasing. I am not sure if you know how to export your map in larger dimensions, so:
1. Click "File"
2. Click "Save as"
3. Choose "Rectangular section JPEG"
4. Don't save yet, but click "Options"
5. You can now set the resolution in pixels. Set it to 2500x2500 for example.
6. Click "Ok"
7. Click "Save" (or probably "Opslaan" for you).
City Designer 3 will now render your map at 2500x2500 pixels. This can take a few minutes, be patient. Open the JPG in software like Adobe Photoshop, Paint Shop, The Gimp or whatever and resize it to something like 500x500 (keep the aspect ratio though, this is just an example). Maybe sharpen the map after that.
I think some of the roads are too small in this map. They look too wispy. I am talking about the top two ones and the bottom one.