Town of Gamelbrug
Well then, after the introduction of myself on the introduction page, here my first post on another forum, a work in progress on a small mountain village called Gamelbrug in my campaign world. I'm creating the map with the City Designer 3 add-on of CC3.
I'm creating the general overland features first as you can see on the attached picture, a forest in the northwest corner and mountain ranges on both sides.
A river flows from the west (northmost valley) to the southeast, still thinking on the exact flow through the valley though.
To be continued...
So far so good; not much to say other than "will keep my eye on it".
Me too, maybe even 2 eyes. :)
Originally Posted by Ascension
Yay, even more towns :D
You have some interesting effects going for the mountains. Lets see some more progress soon :D
To keep your eyes on the subject, today's WIP update.
I edited the mountains and added the river and the roads.
And on a tip on the profantasy forum, the clearings in the forest even have shadow now :D
I'm thinking about creating a waterfall near the west, but am uncertain how to proceed (perhaps some tips Gandwarf or anyone else?)
Will keep you informed on further progress.
Nice progress. For the waterfall try adding a piece of river with adjusted hue/saturation/lightness and lots of blur. I did one for my Ziadon map, look it up on the forum if you want.
Originally Posted by Luhrmanz
I like the layout! Looking good so far.
Looking good - I'm likin' the mountains...
Thanks Gandwarf on the waterfall hint,
here's the new update (in PDF since I can't save it as a JPG).
The town is nearing completion, I just need to add some chimneys on the houses and do something to the area to the north of the town (add some fields I think) and perhaps edit the existing fields some more, but I have some time to think about that, since my priority now lies in creating objects for some battle-mats we are using for DnD. I'm not rushing things as you can see.
Looking good Luhrmanz. Some suggestions/critique:
- Add a Glow (outer) to the waterfalls. Make it a white glow with a lot of blur. That will give the impression of "spray".
- Your fields still need some work. Try decreasing the "Edge fade, inner".
- The road to the lone building to the east ends too abruptly. Using the "Square, dirt" tool you can create a nice ending for it.
- The houses northwest of the square are too pointy. Slice off a bit and lay down some dirt using the "Square, dirt" tool.
- I would add some more dirts roads near the houses that are not connected to dirt roads. People need to get to their houses.
- Maybe add a few more houses with a different color/type of roof.
- The second bridge looks a bit too big for the buildings. You might want to decrease its size.
What software do you use to create the PDF? If you use PDF Creator it's possible to save as PNG, JPG, etc.