Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Hand Drawn small island in Photoshop

  1. #1
      SandmanNet is offline
    Guild Member Facebook Connected SandmanNet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Västerås
    Posts
    87

    Tutorial Hand Drawn small island in Photoshop

    So, I was asked earlier if I could make some from of tutorial on how I make my Myst Maps. I threw together this short video on the process and I wouldn't really call it a tutorial since I just glance over the different parts of the process. But perhaps someone will find it useful in some way.

    I'm from Sweden, so my English is, well, I hope you can understand me - let's just leave it at that



    You can watch it directly on YouTube here if you want to see it in HD.
    Last edited by SandmanNet; 01-05-2011 at 06:00 AM.

  2. #2
      ravells is offline
    Community Leader Gracious Donor ravells's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    10,901

    Default

    Brilliant, thanks Sandman! Don't know why you keep apologising for your English, it's better than the English I hear spoken by most English people.

    Gosh, a few days to the do the rock shading...I guess it's something that comes with practice. Time to get my wacom going! It's also always interesting to see how people organise their workspace on PS.

    p.s. what software did you use to record the tutorial? I really liked the way you could 'zoom in' on the display.

  3. #3
      Jaxilon is offline
    Community Leader Gracious Donor Jaxilon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,925

    Default

    Watching this just made me grit my teeth because I want one of those tablets. Thanks for making me green with envy once again
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

    * Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

  4. #4
      SandmanNet is offline
    Guild Member Facebook Connected SandmanNet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Västerås
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Brilliant, thanks Sandman! Don't know why you keep apologising for your English, it's better than the English I hear spoken by most English people.
    I think I sound super-cheesy

    Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Gosh, a few days to the do the rock shading...I guess it's something that comes with practice. Time to get my wacom going! It's also always interesting to see how people organise their workspace on PS.

    p.s. what software did you use to record the tutorial? I really liked the way you could 'zoom in' on the display.
    It's called ScreenFlow. It records the entire screen at all times, and all objects are kept separate, so you can zoom up specific windows and such when editing. It's pretty sweet. Mac-only as far as I know.

  5. #5
      ravells is offline
    Community Leader Gracious Donor ravells's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    10,901

    Default

    We ALL think our own voices sound super-cheesy.

    Mind you, right now, I sound like Marlene Dietrich as I'm just getting over the 'flu and lost my voice for about a week.

  6. #6
      Jaxilon is offline
    Community Leader Gracious Donor Jaxilon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,925

    Default

    The one thing I really loved was the way you say "Wacom tablet" because it sounds like you could beat down some Moles with it. You pronounce 'whack-em' tablet which reminds me of 'whack-a-mole' (an arcade game). I have been saying 'way-com' tablet which also sounds funny because it sounds like it comes from Professor Peabody's Way-back-machine.

    Ok, this pretty much proves I see life like a cartoon.

    And for the record, you speak very good English. I have worked with a lot of people from around the world and you are clear and understandable. I'm sure you would get nothing out of me if I tried to speak your native tongue!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

    * Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

  7. #7
      SandmanNet is offline
    Guild Member Facebook Connected SandmanNet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Västerås
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    The one thing I really loved was the way you say "Wacom tablet" because it sounds like you could beat down some Moles with it. You pronounce 'whack-em' tablet which reminds me of 'whack-a-mole' (an arcade game). I have been saying 'way-com' tablet which also sounds funny
    Actually, if you go here: http://www.wacom.com/intuos/wireless.php and click the first video link on the right hand side, a guy will talk about the new wireless intuos, he clearly says "wah-com"

    And it's interesting that my english and my pronunciation of "Wacom" is the most talked about topics of this "tutorial" :-D

  8. #8
      ravells is offline
    Community Leader Gracious Donor ravells's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    10,901

    Default

    Lol! Poor Sandeman! You come here looking for advice only to find that we all want advice from you!

  9. #9
      SandmanNet is offline
    Guild Member Facebook Connected SandmanNet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Västerås
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Lol! Poor Sandeman! You come here looking for advice only to find that we all want advice from you!
    Well, I don't know about that

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •