Fun with Fur Filter (PS)
During the search for a shape of a new continent I've played with the different filters from the free EyeCandy plugin. The link to this is somewhere in the tutorial section. Here is the result I've achieved with the fur filter. Depending on the scale you can use parts of the generated pattern as mountain ranges or coastlines for iso maps. This can be useful for the handdrawing guys to save time.
Here are the steps:
- create a new layer, fill black
- filter->render->difference clouds (a few times)
- new layer->50% grey, hard mix
- go back to the clouds layer filter->EyeCandy->fur and try different settings
- the final patterns look better with a light Gaussian blur
Have fun :)
I never found a use for that filter but now that you've done this I could see it being used for ISO cliffs and things like that. Way to go, man.
Oh wow, that is really cool! I've only found a use for the fur filter to make sea textures....this rocks!
I also see possible floating islands.