Post By Jacktannery
Simple Dotted Trail in GIMP
I've been playing around with some brushes in GIMP and stumbled across a way to create a dotted trail.
1) Create a new image 3 pixels by 3 pixels.
2) Fill the image with which ever color you want to represent your trails.
3) Export the file as a brush.
4) When you get the Export Dialogue, change the Spacing to 250%. This one worked great for my purpose.
5) Export to your GIMP Brushes folder.
6) Happy trails!!
I have attached a segment of a map that I'm working (experimenting) on for reference. Hope this helps!!
Another way is to use paths. Make your path, then use 'STROKE PATH' (edit menu) and in the dialogue options select one of the line styles: sparse dots, normal dots or dense dots, and press OK.
Tags for this Thread