Shifting Caverns of Kael'Shaemar (work-in-progress)
The Shifting Caverns of Kael'Shaemar is a new tile set I'm working on that will be available as a free download.
Size and Scale info:
The board = 4800 x 3600 pix = 120 x 90 feet
1 map tile = 600 x 600 pix = 15 x 15 feet
1 floor tile = 100 x 100 pix = 2.5 x 2.5 feet
A token/player should take up the space of 1 floor tile
Attached images, from left to right:
* Image 1 - Empty map board showing the grid and 18 tile slots to fill.
* Image 2 - The first 3 pieces of the "Inner Walls" tiles set I've done so far. I want to make about 10 pieces (possibly more), with a duplicate "plain" set that doesn't include the ferns, soil and rubble.
* Image 3 - A "Ruins & Holes" tile set that I'm almost done with. I'd like to have at least 15 pieces for this one.
* Image 4 - Various tiles that will be part of other themed tile sets. I'm thinking of doing a "Crystal Waters" set that will all be pools of water, fountains, etc. "Into the Depths" which will all be stairs, ladders, portals, etc., where players can descend to lower levels. Another (or maybe 2 more) sets of ruins. A "Dangerous Terrain" set with traps, pools of lava, bottomless pits, and other such dangers. I'm also working on a set with a network of streams/rivers, but I'm not far enough along yet with that one to show a preview. And I'm sure there will also be a "Miscellaneous" set of pieces that don't really fit into a specific theme.
* Image 5 - A quick example of some of the tiles on the board.
The board is already finished and will come with 4 different empty tiles, for open spaces and for making your own tiles. As soon as I've finished the "Inner Walls" and "Ruins & Holes" sets, all three will be available (as separate downloads) at the same time. That should give people a fairly decent amount of options to play with while I work on the other sets. If people really like these and they get a lot of downloads, I'll most likely make some additional boards as well.
Gorgeous work Neyjour!
Are those tiles with white lines in the middle meant to be spiked pits? It's not quite clear.
Btw Your site is great too, how long have you been mapping ?
Tags for this Thread