A Quick Geomorph
I decided to see how fast I could pull together a geomorph-style tile this morning, using the same style as my most recent mapping project. I did this at 100dpi, 1" = 5' scale, starting in Inkscape to lay out the walls and then moving to Gimp for textures and fills. I stole a couple of decorations from Bogie's thread of premade mapping elements and resampled them to scale.
Here's the basic tile:
And here's the same tile duplicated and rotated beside itself to test the matchup between them:
This took about two hours, with a couple detours. I had to rejigger the doors to fit this resolution. I stole them from my Tombs project, which is 150dpi. I also had to rebuild a grid to this scale.
Lovely colours mthomas. One thing: the grid overlay on the beige tiles looks messy - too many confusing lines.
Thanks! I really need to broaden my texture choices for floors, I keep coming back to the same trio of colors/patterns. :D
I agree on the grid lines. Personally I'd just turn them off in favor of whatever grid the application provides.