Mountain lakes 3D (step by step project outline)
***updated some more tips***
I've been requested to draw a mountain lake with a rider using magic to cross it, and an army in pursuit.
here's a step-by-step walkthrough of what i did:
1) make a 3d topography using google sketchup:
*** to make the angles all wacky i changed the field of view angle from the normal 30-45 degrees to 60-75 degrees, this makes that fish eye lens look to the perspective.
2) make a very crude drawing to illustrate the general idea. send for approval:
3) start drawing outline and general topography:
4) finished B&W:
*** the water color is an extra layer of light gray set on "multiply" transparency.
*** layers i used (+blend modes)
1) B&W lines (set on multiply)
2) Base color layer (set on multiply)
3) Dark tones (set on multiply)
4) Light tones (set on screen)
5) Fog & clouds (set on screen)