Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Inhabitants of the world. Any need for illustrations?

These illustrations are so cool. You have done a really good job.

BTW do you mind if I use them for my ongoing d&d campaign(giving you credit for them of course) as my drawing skills are next to nothing?

Blog Entries

I was only thinking yesterday of this thread. So good to see ya and some more art !

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avengeil View Post
    BTW do you mind if I use them for my ongoing d&d campaign...
    Naturally. That's why they have the Creative Commons licensing symbol on them. Check http://creativecommons.org/about/licenses for details of the license by browsing down to the same symbol. Basically I'm just denying you any and all commercial use of the images.

Quote Originally Posted by 12rounds View Post
    Naturally. That's why they have the Creative Commons licensing symbol on them. Check http://creativecommons.org/about/licenses for details of the license by browsing down to the same symbol. Basically I'm just denying you any and all commercial use of the images.
    Yeah, but out of respect people still like to ask.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Unfortunately a lot of people aren't aware of creative commons licensing. Being open source still hasn't caught on like it should yet....
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nice to see my little corner of the CWBP getting a bit of 'love' as I have sadly neglected it.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I had already checked out Creative Commons license in a thread(I think Quabbe had started it) about using somebody's map without his permission.
    I find it really nice when I know that somebody is appreciating and using my work and I just wanted to pass around the feeling and to let you know that somebody is using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengeil View Post
    I had already checked out Creative Commons license in a thread(I think Quabbe had started it) about using somebody's map without his permission.
    I find it really nice when I know that somebody is appreciating and using my work and I just wanted to pass around the feeling and to let you know that somebody is using them.
    Thank you. It's appreciated.

Name: Hight Priest Dry'zan
    Race: Drow
    Location: Thargellian Highlands (undisclosed location; usually at sea)

Dry'zan is one of the eight (one for each leg of The Spider) high priests of Syth. There are numerous legends and stories about him and his relationship with Syth - some of which are just that, legends. However, there are some stories that seem to correlate to Dry'zan's life as witnessed by many bystanders. Just one such story involves a "reward" from an avatar of Syth in the form of a poisonous bite. Dry'zan was supposedly confronted by a giant and highly intelligent spider queen in a remote and unrevealed coastal region far away and he spent a full moon cycle with the queen while his shipmates, acolytes and crew were moored a few miles away. After the month, legend has it that the queen offered to bite Dry'zan and with the bite Dry'zan would become much closer to Syth spiritually and mentally, but that the bite would certainly be harmful to him in some way. Dry'zan accepted the offer, relapsed into convulsions and semi-comatose state and was subsequently picked up from the sea by his acolytes. Dry'zan took turns between extreme weakness, paralysis and deliriousness for two weeks during which time he was thought to have died twice.

The reward does seem like a punishment to most - permanent paralysis of his left hand and partial facial paralysis, a frustratingly complete loss of ability to smile and express happiness or joy, sensitivity to noise bordering on physical pain, regular painful stomach-aches and painful skin lesions that come and go. However, Dry'zan obviously gained a lot in the exchange - abilities, mental faculties and magical skills and spells most of which he has kept as secrets even to his closest acolytes. All that was a quarter of a century ago.

Since then Dry'zan has successfully established five cults of Syth all over Ansium. They are all the fruits of careful planning and years of cultivation that takes a lot of energy, dedication and pure money (which pours in by careful control of dozens of thievery organisations). The sixth cult is about to blossom in Rhadim, Thargellian Highlands, which was a chosen location by Dry'zan three years ago when he moved into the area and started to lay the groundworks with his devotees and acolytes. Only now, years later, Rhadim is deemed fit to accept the first actual cultists who will be responsible for the initial founding of nests. The prior years Rhadim has been only targeted by preparatory work that included spying, gathering of information and secrets that could be used to both corrupt and blackmail the powerful individuals in Rhadim. The city has gradually succumbed to Dry'zan's influence in the form of general corruption, decaying moral attitudes and outright hostilities. The changes have been slow enough not to alarm the citizens and power groups, but generally many people seem to feel that "Rhadim was better in the old days". Time is now ripe to actually form the cult.

It has been said that Syth has given Dry'zan a quest to establish and nurture 8 cults. The cult in Rhadim would be his 6th in this quest and right now the work is going on as smoothly as it possibly could.

Dry'zan does not have a fixed location where he lives. Instead he travels aboard a large and very old ship that has a beautifully ornamented black spider adorning it's aft and extending it's black legs halfway the ship's exterior hull as if engulfing the ship from behind. The ship is called Meluc - a name shrouded in the past of Dry'zan. Dry'zan has established a couple of operations bases along the coast in remote locations and there's also a small island base which provides Dry'zan's ship with fresh water, fruits and livestock. The island is uninhabited otherwise, but Dry'zan's people have built there a smallish village not unlike a fishing village. Rhadim officials mistakenly believe that the island houses a pirate's cove, but have been reluctant to investigate further because piracy has been actually decreasing in the area for several years now (very much because of Dry'zan's influence; he wants to use the city's wealth against itself instead of handing it over to greedy pirates).

### PIC ###
    Last edited by 12rounds; 10-28-2010 at 10:51 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

More cool stuff, love the little histories you provide along with the images.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast