After quite a bit of work on my story, something about it just wasn't speaking to me. I decided to go back and revise the names of the countries (which I random-generated before) and that, of course, meant I needed a new map! While I was at it, I also decided to hand-draw a map of the areas I specifically needed for my story. So, I guess this is really the story of two maps...

pic-001.jpg
This is (a bad picture of) the close-up. My scanner hasn't been working properly and my camera doesn't really take very good pictures, but it's the best I could get. I haven't shaded the mountains on this one, either... I'm not quite sure how I should do them. If I just did them in black, I'd lose a lot of detail, and I might have a problem with some of the cities that are located within the mountain's shadows. I also need to figure out a way to ink the roads without making them look like little rivers. I have to say, I'm really proud of those creatures, though. I need to put in maybe one or two more.

keluniareworked.jpg
This is the full map. I'd like to tell you what that box is reserved for, but... honestly, it was just a lot of blank space.I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet. I also need to shade the mountains on this one, but... well, I've just been lazy. I'll get on it.... I'll probably shade them in a lighter color, though, rather than in black.