Thread: A Harbour Capital

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip A Harbour Capital

This is it.
    I have been absent for a while fumbling and puzzling and this is what came out of it. You may have noticed that this is Oreas, the capital of a country called Aurelis, the map of which can be found here. Once again I did this in Photoshop as I was told CC3 wasn't necessary to create pretty cities, so I gave it a try.

I don't consider it done yet, but finished enough to show anyone I'd like to transform the map into a second, less colourful one that can be tagged. But before I can do that, I have to make sure the basic map is complete- no houses missing, no ugly city shapes, enough market places etc. So please, city building experts, help me

Some basic explanations:

- Oreas consists of seven quarters, namely Old Town, Temple Ridge, Haven, The Alleys, Norwalk, Neotown, and The Garners.
    - The fortified islands are an academy (left) and a prison (right).
    - The square-shaped part on the left side of Oreas is a system of canals and artificial islands where rich people live.
    - The big blue thing in the middle of Temple Ridge is a castle complex called The White Palace.
    - The green space above the islands is a park.
    - Take a close look at the woody ridge north of Norwalk, there's a ruin.

If anything else is unclear or doesn't make sense to you, just ask me!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Now that the warm fuzzy part is over we can get back to the ritual dismemberments. Oh wait, it's not Tuesday is it?