Thread: [WIP] Making a map usable for roleplaying

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default [WIP] Making a map usable for roleplaying

Hello again, fellow cartographers

After some silence (and a few nasty exams), I'm back to mapping again. Holidays are such a great invention.

This time, I'll try something new. I want to change an already existing map into something more useful. So I'm not primarily concerning about the look of the map rather than features such as:
    - easily printable (good resolution, b/w)
    - clear contrasts
    - enough space to make notes

Checking the picture in the attachment- it's a pretty little map that shows me everything I (as gamemaster) want to know. But I don't want my players to say "Oh, there's a violet house over there, it must be interesting, let's go there!"
    Plus, distinct houses could come in quite handy if the asked where exactly a certain NPC lived. And they would allow me to show which areas are more densely populated than others and so on.

I'll give it a go by removing colours, drawing single houses and so on. I'd be glad if someone with more experience in low-style black&white maps could give me some advice!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Now that the warm fuzzy part is over we can get back to the ritual dismemberments. Oh wait, it's not Tuesday is it?