Thread: Adventure Building

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I would second the idea of story. For starters, if we put some ideas into a hat for concepts we might vote on them and go from there. I would also suggest starting out fairly small as it would be nice to complete the project and I'm sure there will be bumps we don't expect. Maybe in round 2 or 3 we can expand and go ape nuts.

One other thing to consider, is this something we want to connect with the already existing Community World we have? If so we might need to break that baby out and brush the dust off. Of course, if we keep it generic it will be more useful to a greater audience.

Another way to go about this is to have whoever wants to lead one of these submit a 'Project plan' and we can decide which one we want to go with. This would make it possible to have more than one idea going on at a time as well. Especially if we have more than enough man power. The other advantage to a project plan approach is that we can decide ahead of time if it's something we want to help with or not.

The order I create adventures for my home games is typically:

1. A plot (story) for the adventure (I currently have a huge epic story arc as well as small adventure arcs. The adventures arcs are what my players are involved with now and they are barely even aware at this time of the overall Epic arc they are involved in).
    2. The main NPC characters of the world or at least the area involved.
    3. Maps
    (Sometimes # 2 generates more # 3 and vice versa.)

Of course, if we are going to bundle this up into a nice deliverable it needs polish and that might include cover art and other fancy stuff as well as someone who can edit everything to make sure it's made with good grammar and so on.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 03-06-2011 at 07:29 PM. Reason: IG posted while I was writing this
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt