Thread: Hand drawn maps

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Hand drawn maps

So, the other day I tumbled over my old hand drawn maps, and I thought it a good idea to share them with the guild. So take a look, here they are:

The Cathedral of The Three
    A sketch of the larger encounter map I drew. Where the big-scale map is, I don't know, so you only get to see it's ugly little cousin. I think sometime I'll try and revamp this to practice my skills on interior/encounter maps.

Kathedrale der Drei_0001.jpg

Unknown World
    Unknown, for this world is just a back-up should the world in my current campaign be utterly destroyed. It has a strong elemental theme (hence the floating rocks, Maelstrom, volcanoes). It is a work in progress, since I only come to work on it when there's nothing else to do - and lately there is a lot to do for me.

world map 1.jpg world map 2.jpg

Serpent Hills
    Speaking of my current campaign, it started out in this region of Faerun, Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting. First map I drew for my gaming group, using what WotC already provided. It is simple pencil on a tea-stained and burned paper.

Serpent Hills Map.jpg

Deathwinter
    The dreadful name of my last campaign in which I sported my own world (which maybe borrowed a name or two). The map was first drawn with pencil, afterwards I used black ink to flesh it out. This time I used some coloured paper to begin with.

Totenwinter Karte Final.jpg

So much for my work so far. As I said, some of it I want to gimp up a bit, when i find the time (after the Donnerholm Project).
    Last edited by Rinsewjind; 11-16-2012 at 08:33 AM.