Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
First, I love the color pallete. Very nice colors together. One thing I don't like is the contrasting styles with the hand drawn mountains and the texture fill for the forests (and to a lesser extend the dark lands). To me, it just does not mesh well in my mind.
Thanks for the compliment, I think I found mostly the right colours.

As for mountains and textures: Any suggestions? I found applying the noise effect to forests the most viable method of producing forests that look good.
Also the mountains... I really don't know how else to do them Suggestions welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
I stop by a website called DaFont.com, that's where I get most of my free fonts from (some 12,000 now although I can not use all of them at the same time because most programs will only load so many). So I rename them with a prefix and sort them according to style...GO- for gothic, GR- for grunge, HW- for handwritten, etc. and when I'm working in a certain style I just copy the needed fonts into the correct fonts subfolder in the windows folder then delete and add new ones when I change projects or styles.
Uhm... this shall not sound offensive, but what does this have to do with my map?