Thread: The World of Prynh

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Map The World of Prynh

This was my first "legitimate" mapping project. I was working on making a custom campaign setting for a D&D campaign I was going to run for a friend. I hopped in photoshop with the intention of putting something together quickly as a reference for myself. After a few reworks, the more than a decade of being a graphic designer just kept saying, "you can make this look better". So with a weekend of work and a lot of inspiration from this site, actually, I came up with this. By the end of it all, I found that I really enjoyed doing it, since then I've done a commission for someone else and I am looking forward to being a part of this community.

Welcome to the world of Prynh, once enslaved by Dragon overlords, a world of fledgling civilizations and adventures.

As far as the progress goes, it was all done in Photoshop CS6.
    1. Custom "Dragonhand" setting logo designed by me. (Used in border design, top right and in background for ocean filler as part of the compass in the bottom left)
    2. Mountains and other terrain features are hand-drawn by me, save the trees, which are a brush to save time. Brush credit goes to StarRaven.

Here are a list of the fonts used. You should be able to find all of these on Dafont.
    1. Aparajita for Large City names and the "PRYNH" title.
    2. BlackChancery for Small Towns/Settlements/Forts as well as terrain titling (e.g. Oceans, Forests, Mountains)

brian+chapman-albums-prynh+campaign+setting-picture68327-prynh-small.jpg

I learned a lot during the process, and I still find things every time I look at the finished product that I would change (and have in future projects), but I am happy with it. It was very satisfying to work so hard and finish something that I am proud of.
    Last edited by Brian Chapman; 10-12-2014 at 09:31 PM.