Thread: Final Fantasy X's Spira height and color maps

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant Facebook Connected Pyrrha's Avatar

Map Final Fantasy X's Spira height and color maps

Hello artists and cartographers,

So I'm starting a total conversion project for Paradox's Crusader Kings 2 game and need help with creating both a heightmap (greyscale indexed bmp format) and a colormap (dds format) of Square Enix's Final Fantasy X Spira world.

In Game View.png
    Original in game world view

Reworked View.jpg

Outline.jpg
    Present outline

The game uses several different map files to create the map in game, but topology and color maps are really too hard for me to properly do. The maps should be resized to 4608*3072 pixels (proportions should be kept, landmass centered) on the surface. Sea level for the heightmap is at 94 (0 low - 255 high). (Rivers and lakes appearing on the second attached map, should be below sea level.)

It'd be awesome if one of you pros or passionates could help me around with this. I've been trying some tricks I read about the forum and all, but wether I'm understanding things wrong or just too bad at it, I don't know. Either way, I can't manage to make it look good. Anyway, you'll receive full credit for the map and my deepest gratitude, of course! (By the way, if you could please join a black and white outline of your map for me to readjust the other map files or use the one I provide, it'd be great. Thanks!)

And, finally, thanks for your help, people!
    Last edited by Pyrrha; 10-28-2014 at 09:41 PM.