Hi guys, it's been a while since I posted on the CG forums. Been working on a bunch of stuff, including maps, but here is my problem that I seek help with. I have a map that I've worked on for several years (it's not that amazing, I worked on it sparingly) and its made in hand, on large sheet of construction paper, about 4.5"x6". It's a map of the world, a template that I need to covert into digital format for use in PDF so I can apply various overlays. Originally when I started, I thought I would create overlays using some form of clear foil that would attach to the paper and formed a sort of massive flip book, but that option is expensive and a bit...derpy. Anyway. I was wondering if anyone knew of any way to convert the map into a digital format for use in Photoshop.

I considered taking a high res photo but the lighting causes problems. I suppose I could either try to take a photo again, and then use various filters to try get rid of the lighting, or I could see if anyone around is a photographer and has some strobes I could use to light it up white, but I figured I'd ask here, see if anyone has any ideas on how to convert it.

Thanks in advance.