Hello.
I am new to the site and I am sorry if this question is somewhere else on the site.
I am looking for map making software that can create black and white maps that are of a high quality and rather stylized. Dose anyone know of such a program?
I am looking at Campaign Cartographer 3 Map Making for Gamers on amazon.com but the tutorials I have seen on youtube are colored and not at all what I want.
I am not worried about the learning curve on the CC3 program, my sister has wicked skills in photoshop. I have asked her to help me, but I was wondering if there wasn't a program to make it easier on the both of us. Something not too expensive as we are both self -publishing and rather broke( i.e. $0-50.).
I am rather picky about what I want and what I like and I am afraid that I may just have to save up and commission someone. I am currently working on a series, with two of the eight books being written. Each will need its own map, so you can see how expensive that can get. I would like to say my drawing skill are above average, but no matter how hard I tired, the look and line quality just weren't equal to what a computer could provide.
Any suggestions would be most appreciated. I am willing to do some research into products but I don't know where to begin.
Amazon wasn't exactly helpful on this subject.

Thank You!
Sincerely,
DarkAria