Thread: Untitled Practice Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip [WIP] Practice Map

While I'm not entirely certain just where I'm headed with this map, I can say there is one unifying theme - I'm primarily using tutorials by Arsheesh. The map was made with his Eriond Tutorial, and the map symbols are from his quicky nifty tutorial on making, well, map icons. Eventually, I'll probably round out the map with his border tutorial. Come to think of it, the only thing that wasn't the result of one of his tutorials are the compass rose and chart lines (done in Inkscape and then fiddled with in GIMP).

As I make this, I'm letting the flow of the land dictate where points of interest fall. I have the rough idea of a region where city-states are just coming into being and most of the world is virgin wilderness. Other than that, I haven't really gotten a solid vibe going, but I'm sure something will materialize. That or all the wire-fu flicks I've been watching will turn this into a knockoff of the Autumn and Spring Period.

Anyway, enough train-of-thought babbling. Here's a map!

Arsheeshia.jpg

The one thing I see so far is that I have a bit of graininess going on in the mountains and a few other spots. I need to figure out how to smooth that out a tad. I think it came from Wilbur. The mountains also look a tad anemic; something else I'll need to tinker with.
    Last edited by Humabout; 01-09-2016 at 04:23 PM.