Thread: Druids! Magic! Crumpets! It's the Post-Apocalyptic British Isles!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Facebook Connected

Help Druids! Monsters! Crumpets! It's the Post-Apocalyptic British Isles!

Oi! What's this bullocks, you say? It's a fair cop, guv'nah. You've got me bang to rights. I've gone and knackered the home islands like a right proper sodding berk. Yes, yes, I know, that's not good cricket, old chap, but before you go gobbing some palaver about your stiff upper lips and how this is just tosh, have a cuppa and read on, and we'll all be getting along tickity-boo. Ta.
    EnglandFrame1.jpg

If you have the time, please look this over and let me know how I might improve this map. I'm particularly interested in your thoughts on the colors, as my color vision deficiency sometimes makes it hard for me to gage the appropriate level of saturation, especially for political borders.

This was intended to be a quick experiment originally, just taking a real-world height map and modifying it to make it fit the ravaged British Isles of the Rifts RPG setting. I finished the terrain in 2 days. The other elements have taken me about a week to get it to this state, and I think this is ready for some outside criticism.

For those not familiar with the setting, this is set about 300 years after a major global event that re-shaped continents as huge magic forces emerged and concentrated into ley lines. These ley lines and especially their nexus points are areas of occasional dimensional instability, bringing other-wordly creatures to Earth and creating a world in which just about anything can show up in a story. The British Isles have the highest density of ley lines and nexuses in the world, and most people live at a fairly primitive level of technology, using the magic of druids and friendship with supernatural allies to keep them safe. This region also has many Millennium Trees, gigantic and wondrous magical trees that grow on nexus points.

Pip pip, cheerio, and all that rot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Coriolis; 10-29-2016 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Updating the map to the latest version