Thread: Bloodrock Revived

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bloodrock Revived

This is a map I started for the October/November Lite Challenge, but which I withdrew over private concerns that the 3D Cornucopia tree models I had rendered in Vue Pioneer, and turned into symbols for my map, might be in breach of either or both the Vue and Cornucopia EULAs.

Having once accidentally breached a different EULA by not stopping to think about what I was doing in that instance, I didn't want to make the same mistake a second time, and cause an embarrassing scene on the Lite Challenge forum.

I have since received direct confirmation from both Vue and Cornucopia that it is fine to use the renders I make in my own maps, and to show them on public forums, as long as the maps are not for sale, which is a very generous arrangement since I am using what amounts to the free version of Vue, and my own 'photographs' of 3D tree models that were originally created by other Vue users - purchased on the Cornucopia webpage. Thank you so much - all of you

So once again, I present to you the 'finished' view of Bloodrock - a town built on a mesa, glimpsed down through the open grate of a drain.

I believe I can do a better job of rendering and post composition with the trees as it stands, but there may be other things that are not quite right about the map as a whole before I really call it finished for the final time

To get the ball rolling - I'm not entirely happy with the rusty metal texture I've used as the grate rim, and I think the map may be generally a little too much on the dark side...

Constructive C&C welcome

Bloodrock 28.JPG
    Last edited by Mouse; 11-20-2016 at 07:33 AM.