I'll say it again... you lucky lucky chap !!! God I wish I (and family...) lived there instead of the UK hellhole which a long time ago used to be nice and much like NZ.

I have lost hours of my life to staring minutely at those photos. I have nearly all of them in my ViewingDale zoom browser and though its not super quick what with shifting about that much data its cool to pan over them and zoom in on houses and rocks and beaches and... and... etc

I think I have posted that link at least twice before but it really is a super interface to the most gorgeous areas. I always wondered if the ole LOTR filming shoot locations were on the detailed areas. You would then have some kind of localized images to use at those points too.

Theres another link of much more of the land but many of them in black and white only. Some of the latter years - like purple ones - are in color tho but they are not georefferenced. Not that it matters much to us. Hope they dont notice a big spike in their bandwidth of this site and do something about it...
http://www.linz.govt.nz/topography/a...geo/index.aspx

One thing I should point out is that they have a liberal usage policy - not quite a free for all but you are able to use them with some very minor acknowledgment to them, less than even a creative commons requires. This is in stark contrast to our Ordnance Survey's use one pixel and we come after you with napalm type attitude which just goes to show the stark difference between our respective lands and why I think you are so lucky.

Ohh, ohh I can finally use that Mr Green emoticon...