I finally got some spare time on my hands, and made this! I'm happy with it for now, but if I have more time before the deadline, I'll try to digitise it and add spice it up a bit. I'm not entirely happy with the layout, and I didn't have room to add the storyline below.

The VBX25 system, better known as Saranin, is host to a variety of strange and wonderful planets, three of which have been colonised by mankind. One would not be expected to consider a planet fondly christened "Deathball" by its inhabitants, to be a very pleasant place to settle - and they would be right. The conditions on VBX25-III are reminiscent of those on Sol's Venus, with a toxic atmosphere, and high winds sweeping the face of the planet. But despite the harsh environment, over twelve million people live on VBX25-III, extracting metal ores from deep chasms across the planet. Most live in the big underground cities near the poles, where processed air is cheap and ice water is abundant. Other settlements have sprouted up around rare springs across the planet.

One such example of these settlements is Rush. Rush is a small trading settlement with a population of 920 engineers, scientists, soldiers and general civilians. Situated midway between Canaan City and the Inagi Space Gun, it is a vital stopover for the dozens of long-haul airships that fly across the deadly Plains of Genesis, supplying the isolated equatorial city. Rush was established in 2397 by first-generation pioneer Dmitri Caspar by a spring along the rim of the Genori Crater. Settlers were pleasantly surprised to find not only a water source, but also a deep - and mineable - chasm into which the waters flowed.
In 2456, inhabitants built a large turbine at the narrowest part of the chasm, breaking the unhindered flow of the spring into the chasm, and causing all three cenotes to fill up with water. Whenever the solar panels fail, water rushes into the chasm, generating enough electricity to keep the town running.
### Latest WIP ###
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3469.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	97358