Quote Originally Posted by Chgowiz View Post
Get a bigger pan/oven?

How I would do it would be to lay out tin foil (ohgods, I just said "tin" foil.. jeez, how old am I? Aluminum foil!) and create a "drying pan" from it. I'd still do the hot coffee technique that I listed above (and possibly rip it prior to the coffee if you wanted that look).

Instead of the oven, I'd try a hair dryer on low (at first, until I got bored, impatient or figured out that high would not burn or ruin the paper) and try to dry it that way. If you're really patient, and your significant other doesn't mind, you could let it dry naturally, after mopping up the excess coffee. The trick is to have the aluminum foil "pan" be sealed at the edges/bottom so that you don't drip coffee through it. I'm not responsible for ruined carpets or tables.

I would probably experiment with this first before doing this on a real life poster sized map. Any chance you could get a blank sheet or two for practice?

Hmmm now that I think about it, something like a washing machine/air conditioner drip pan would be close to the right size, but that might be a bit expensive. I think my thought was more along the lines of the quick drying part since thats really what i think "burns" the stain into the paper itself. I would think that natural drying or even a hair dryer would work, but would not look anywhere near as good as if you could dry it really fast. Also, the natural curls would proably not be anywhere as good with slow drying as with an oven method.