View Poll Results: Was this tutorial useful for you?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

6 75.00%
  • No.

0 0%
  • No, because I don't use the application used.

2 25.00%

Thread: [Award Winner] Creating old, weathered paper using the Gimp

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

@wisemoon: It should be the combobox at the top of the Layers window/dialog. The label is 'Mode:'

In other news, this tutorial enabled me to take what was a rather mediocre map and turn it into something that actually looks quite cool. Presentation may not be everything, but it sure does help!

http://people.eecs.ku.edu/~jciskey/U...Unlabelled.png

Guild Member Facebook Connected wisemoon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Example of "aged parchment" - RobA's method, and another

Just as an example, I wanted to post a couple of pics of "aged parchment" backgrounds for maps.

The first one is from a method used by Butch Curry of Zombie Nirvana Games (this was made in the process of my ongoing adaptation of Curry's Photoshop tutorials to Gimp). [see Parchment1_Ep2.jpg]

The second one was done using RobA's excellent tutorial in this thread. Comparing the two, I like the second one just a bit better. [see Alternate_Parchment1.jpg]

I do like some of the elements from Curry's method; what I'll probably end up doing is combining the methods in some fashion, depending on the style of map I want to create.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This and all other posts, including image or document files created by me that are linked in a post, are copyright Megan L. Wiseman, in the current year. Permission to use granted under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License unless otherwise stated in the post.
    Please visit my blog - cartography, popular culture, and my art/design journal. Here are my finished maps!