So I guess some clarification is due:

We are looking to work with someone, or group of someone(s), for a long period. What you see with this project: http://kck.st/gxFtgH
Is that we are willing to take the time and do it right, but also are looking to work with someone who can remain consistent over a period of time. Yes, my original estimates were optimistic, but at this point someone who can possibly work with us for the long haul would be best. We are looking for someone who wants to follow doing work with us onto more difficult projects, as we are line up other worlds to create. Currently we have the following projects in place, chronologically ordered (for the moment):
Azamar (High magic fantasy) (in progress)
Westward (Steampunk Western) (just getting started)
Clandestine (Cloak and Dagger Modern) (starting fall-winter 2011)
Starcross (High technology Science Fiction, Futurism) (starting likely spring-summer 2012)
etc

So yes, we are on a rigorous schedule overall, and right now Azamar is about 3-4 weeks from Print, HOWEVER, that does not mean we will stop production on print without all the maps. Instead we can develop adventures around specific locations, etc., going forward, or otherwise take advantage of such things. While my budget is not huge, we are looking to maintain artists for long term work, so we can work out long term contracts and deals, as well as % of sales share on print copies of books where we can cannot compensate an artist more fully up front. We are also making efforts to submit Azamar to GenCon's indy game of the year contest (possibly) and other such endeavors.

As well, most of the maps will be rendered in B&W until our budget expands or in reare cases, we print stuff in full color.

Thanks!
- J.