Thread: May/June 2011 Lite Challenge Entry - Rayr 2 Orbital Analysis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

One of the things I'm glad about in my challenge submission is that I won't have to post all those spatial survey statistics. I think I can generally understand what everybody is posting in their maps, but there's no way I know enough to make up my own believable stats. All the submissions are looking good, too.

One question, are the golden lines Fuel Gel deposits, or coastlines? When I first saw the thumbnail, I thought it was coastlines, but looking closer it looks like it might be indicating the Gel.
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

Yeah, those are the Fuel Gel deposits.

The stats part was the easiest part, being in love with space and astronomy, I wrote a small flash program that randomly generates planets, so I just generated a couple until I liked the results, copied and pasted

The really small text (I'll assume you were talking about the stuff in the corner) was just supposed to be fluff, I wasn't even going to have real text, but even at that size it was readable enough that if I just put gibberish it would have been very noticeable. But I got rid of those windows as I didn't really like them.
    Last edited by Greel; 06-07-2011 at 11:22 AM.