Thread: Mac or PC?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Okay, I think you guys after swaying me to stick with Win/PC. I love the concept of Linux, but I am much too old to have any more 'moral umbrage' and sold my soul to Bill Gates long ago.

As for the Mac - I think I would enjoy the "idiot-proof' ness of it for a short time, and then get frustrated when I couldn't do something very specific (I build my own systems, as I said in my first post). I suppose, if you take out any difference in PS/Illustrator software (which folks here say no longer exists), then I should just stick with what I know.

Besides, I'm starting to feel my once-a-month virus-battles are like an old friend - I expect them, and get nervous when they take too long showing up. It gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling when I eventually thwart them.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkusTay View Post
    Okay, I think you guys after swaying me to stick with Win/PC. I love the concept of Linux, but I am much too old to have any more 'moral umbrage' and sold my soul to Bill Gates long ago.

As for the Mac - I think I would enjoy the "idiot-proof' ness of it for a short time, and then get frustrated when I couldn't do something very specific (I build my own systems, as I said in my first post). I suppose, if you take out any difference in PS/Illustrator software (which folks here say no longer exists), then I should just stick with what I know.

Besides, I'm starting to feel my once-a-month virus-battles are like an old friend - I expect them, and get nervous when they take too long showing up. It gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling when I eventually thwart them.

Thanks for everyone's input.
    As a geek, I have to say that those are sound reasons ;-)

Really sorry you had a fire. :-(
    Good luck with the reboot.