Thread: May 2008 Entry: Bluffs Encounter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I got tired of working on my map so I thought I would do something productive like make a quick video of how I made the bluffs. There is no sound in this video since I made it at work quickly. Hopefully you can follow it.

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic....er=asc&start=0

Works good for making mountains and such.

One note: I never had any training in Photoshop so I am a hack. There may be better and easier ways to do this but it seems to do OK for me.

Oh, there is also a tutorial I made a while back at this same link. it shows how to used shadowy effects to create stairs and platforms.

Hope you enjoy and happy mapping to you all!
    Last edited by dorpond; 05-23-2008 at 12:44 PM.

Sweet! Thanks for sharing that. Now I want to go use it on something! (Like I don't have enough projects kicking around... LOL)

Glad it is helpful to you - can't see what you come up with!

I was waiting this whole time hoping to find out whether or not the contest was based on pretty maps or usable maps by the masses. Pretty maps to me are the maps that have all kinds of decorations and objects on them whereas usable maps are those that can be used by anyone because the objects are left off the maps.

But, the contest details was never really specified..

So I will just post my plain map and keep my fingers crossed. It was fun and I enjoyed it. I did learn a lot in this process, especially about being able to make decent 75k or less maps. You all did a fantastic job!

This latest version added cracks into the ground to make it feel a lot more aged and dry.

### Winner ###

Bluffs8.jpg
    Last edited by ChickPea; 08-26-2018 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Added Winner tag