Thread: March 2013 Challenge Entry - The Temple of Saint Patrick of Swayze

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Cunning Cartographer's Avatar

### LATEST WIP ###
    Monastery-of-Tyrs---Final-GM-Map.jpg

Finally finished, I've pulled quite a few 4am sessions to try and get this finished in the deadline (had done so much work on it in the first few weeks would have sucked to not get it in by the deadline). I have to say I've really enjoyed making this map, it's the first hand drawn map where I've put in this much detail and is by far, in my opinion, the best map I've done both style wise and actual structure for an adventure. For me this challenge was great, getting the shinny medals and stuff is great and all, but actually having an objective and a deadline has really made me push myself to get this done, which is why I love this community so much

Decided to not go for a compass rose in the end given that this place is in the Abyss, I don't think "North" is particularly relevant Though one of the clues/puzzles does revolve around the sun rising in the east, but that's taken care of in the map design/area description.

Anyway, it's now 3:40am so I'm going to go to bed now and post up the Area guide/puzzles tomorrow (hopefully get them in before the polls open).
    Last edited by Cunning Cartographer; 03-27-2013 at 11:59 PM.