Thread: The island Antillia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

@Jalyha: Haha, I've noticed that about attention span, if you don't mind me saying But hey, go for it!
    @Max: Thanks, I like the text better to!
    @Ilanthar: Thank you! Yes, it is really quite morbid if I remember right… I haven't tried translating it, but I've read something about that. Pretty funny actually, how such a text has become so widespread…

So, according to Wikipedia the Allmighty, there were about 90 commercial flights across the North Atlantic per week in 1947. Most of them landed on the Azores, which is exactly in the location of my Antillia, or Ireland, I guess for fueling. So, for ease of calculation, say 20 flights per week took the entire distance in one go, leaving on average 10 planes per day on the Antillian airports. Even with 40's tech, that should be easily manageable for a single airport. But… maybe the traffic would have been a little higher with more available stops along the way, so… I think I'll keep two I've also replaced the morbid latin with some pseudo-fake history.
    Antillia10.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    @Jalyha: Haha, I've noticed that about attention span, if you don't mind me saying But hey, go for it!
    HEY! What are you trying to s... ooooo look a butterfly!!! *scampers off*

But yeah

RE: The text: Simple and informative. I like it. But... what does "restostored" mean? O:-)

RE: The airports: My mom (not my real mom, but my MOM) used to say to me, she'd say "Jalyha," (actually she'd use my real name but whatever) Anyway, she'd say "stop bothering so much over history. People can only handle so many facts about their real history. If we remembered half of what we'd done, accurately, we'd all go insane."

Of course, she was madder than a march hare, so...

What was my point? OH YEAH, okay so MOST of what we know about history is only partially true/accurate (if at all, lol) so ... uh.. forgot where I was going with this.

Anyway, if you add that to the whole "Fantasy, not real life" thing, you can take an awful lot of liberties.

2 airports is perfectly plausible - especially since you explained it, lol - I only meant that historical figures/data makes a good jumping-off place.

I'm glad if it helped you decide !!

(PS - I'm starting to be REALLY glad I didn't translate the latin. o.O )
    Have you "liked" a post today?