Thread: Kingdom of Aquilonia (Ave Tenebrae)

Map Kingdom of Aquilonia (Ave Tenebrae)

Here's my last map for my home made Ave Tenebrae RPG setting (loosely based on a mix of Howard's Conan, some D&D setting, and the "Ave Tenebrae" board game, of course).
    It's an attempt to map the Kingdom of Aquilonia, and the second map where I draw almost everything (except the icons, largely reworked but based on existing stuff), and the background texture.

Hope you'll like it, all comments are welcome!

AK final.jpg

Nice map! I know i as a fellow roleplayer would be inspired in all kinds of directions if you as the GM put this map before me
    If i am allowed to "complain" - not a big fan of the mountains...not sure why exactly but the style is not pleasing to my eyes. But that's really a nitpick and a personal taste thing....the overall map looks very game-able!

Have a Like! (not sure i can Rep. you)

Edit: Turns out i can Rep. you...so ... repped
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Nicely done, Ilanthar! I sort of prefer your more modern-looking maps actually, but it's also cool to see something different from you

Thanks, everyone!

By Eilathen
    Nice map! I know i as a fellow roleplayer would be inspired in all kinds of directions if you as the GM put this map before me
    If i am allowed to "complain" - not a big fan of the mountains...not sure why exactly but the style is not pleasing to my eyes. But that's really a nitpick and a personal taste thing....the overall map looks very game-able!
    Good to know, one of my player is already glad to picture things more clearly. And of course, you're allowed to complain about mountains
    It's a kind of mix between my different tests on the matter... but it serves my purpose quite well on this, imo.

By Lingon
    Nicely done, Ilanthar! I sort of prefer your more modern-looking maps actually, but it's also cool to see something different from you
    I have some sci-fi maps to do, truth be told. A city map and a galactic view. But I have not been able to get a good start on those, so maybe later!

Nice one for a style of map far from what you usually do, Can't rep you yet but you deserve it Little detail but to me the names of baronnies/ comtés would have benefit just a bit more visibility, maybe a soft outer glow to improve readability.
    Did you use tree thing for your forests and swamps?

Thanks Francissimo!

By Francissimo
    the names of baronnies/ comtés would have benefit just a bit more visibility, maybe a soft outer glow to improve readability.
    Noted for future maps. A glow would have been hard to obtain considering the layer effect I used for those labels.

Did you use tree thing for your forests and swamps?
    Well, no, I'm sometimes very old school. I just copy/paste the trees and swamps that I drawn and scanned.