Quote Originally Posted by RevGunn View Post
I LOVE this map! The colors are great. Its like a cross between a topographical/satellite map and an old style overland map. Freaking awesome! If you could do your other terrain... forests and what-not the same way, Sweet. Very cool.
Thanks dude! That means a lot to a beginner!

That's kinda the look I was going for. I'm not totally sure where I'm going with this map exactly. The basic idea (visually speaking) was INSPIRED BY those old antique-ish looking globes that have more brown colors, so that's what I'm going to stick with until the Creativity Monster changes my mind and forces me to try something else

What do you mean about doing the other terrain, like forests and such, in the same way? Typically when I do a world map I keep the terrain kinda vague with the exceptions of mountains, major rivers and large deserts. While I don't always go for the "satellite" look, I genreally go for that sort of terrain scale when doing world maps. This specific map isn't going to have much more on it than it already has. It is supposed to be a map just to label/layout the continents and give the feel that there is more to the world than where the campaign is going to take place. So I plan on adding names and maybe some kind of decor (that's one of my weaker points right now in my map making), maybe a border of some sort.... ooooooo! I'm going to try some kind of pseudo-navigation lines I think...

Anyway, thanks for the comments! I really appreciate you taking the time to say a few words.

If you have some thoughts on the terrain like you mentioned, please share!