Thread: Falcon's Hollow maps not included with Hollow's Last Hope

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected NathanC's Avatar

Wip Falcon's Hollow maps not included with Hollow's Last Hope

After a stint of re-learning what it's like to have a newborn again, I've finally had sometime to map out a few things. I'm running Hollow's Last Hope for my little cousins and some first time players via a VTT. There are several maps that don't exist in the module so I decided to make them. Though they are pretty rough I needed to bang them out quickly and get everything into the software before thanksgiving. Thoughts and comments on how to make them better welcome as always as well as a big thanks to the community for providing the accessories and great things to populate the map.

First up is Roots and Remedies
    Roots and Remedies.jpg

The Eldest Tree
    Eldest Tree.jpg

and Ulizmila’s Hut (roof on and roof off)
    Hag's Hut Roof on.jpg Hag's Hut Roof Off.jpg

I'm also working on the last map of the module as well but don't like how it's coming out. I'm thinking I might trash it and start from scratch again.
    Dorskar's Crucible.jpg

The first four are awesome, you did a really good work!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected NathanC's Avatar

Thanks, I really hate the bottom one and am going to need to re thing the whole dammed thing before this weekend.

This is a bit of a late reply but in regards to Droskar's Crucible, reducing the repetition in your textures will make it look a lot better. Use larger texture files especially for the grasses and rocks. Try to get it to a point where you don't see any repetition. As for the inside of the building, I would suggest using a stone tile texture where each tile represents a 5' square. This way you don't have to add grid line if you use it for a battle map and it will be easier on the eyes. If you want to add more, you can always toss in a bit more detail to the map, objects in the rooms, lighting, etc.

The first four maps looks great; I especially am fond of the Roots and Remedies map.

Great work on these Nathan! Brings back fond memories; I ran a campaign in Darkmoon Vale years ago, and Falcon's Hollow was its starting point.