Thread: Looking for critique (neophyte WIP)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by HeathenScribe View Post
    I haven't made many maps in my life outside field maps as I used to camp and hunt a fair bit. But as I write more, I find myself needing maps to keep things straight.

This is my first attempt in earnest at hand drawing a map with more detail than a stick figure. Just a trial run in a style I found relatively pleasing to the eye so I could get some pointers from the pros out here. Any constructive criticism is most appreciated.

Thanks in advance folks!

20160525_051857_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    This is a good start. For writing, you may not need more than this.

That said, you may find this map-making stuff highly addictive. Check out the tutorial section of the forums for lots of help down the slippery slope. You can always justify it because you need a pretty map to show your readers!

Quote Originally Posted by HBrown View Post
    This is a good start. For writing, you may not need more than this.

That said, you may find this map-making stuff highly addictive. Check out the tutorial section of the forums for lots of help down the slippery slope. You can always justify it because you need a pretty map to show your readers!
    I know all about highly addictive hobbies. I collect knives, guns, fountain pens, old books, etc... What harm can come from one more?

I've got a ton of reading to do and videos to sit through by nightfall. So much to learn, so little time.