Thread: Westbar Redux - A Haerlech Study

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

After working on this for more or less the entire day, here's the state of things:

fe84d3759d.png

Holy crap, I can now see why this has the potential to take a year.

Notes:

-Realizing I was too aggressive with my line thickness on the buildings, and I'm working through sections to dial it back.
    -The further I get with this the more I realize I need to figure out the layout of my city on the outskirts before I progress much more.
    -I just wanted to point out that the major government buildings being positioned on an island in a river is an homage to my hometown of Cedar Rapids, IA, one of only two(?) cities in the world to have such a feature in their city.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected artsbyjapao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dumont View Post
    After working on this for more or less the entire day, here's the state of things:

fe84d3759d.png

Holy crap, I can now see why this has the potential to take a year.

Notes:

-Realizing I was too aggressive with my line thickness on the buildings, and I'm working through sections to dial it back.
    -The further I get with this the more I realize I need to figure out the layout of my city on the outskirts before I progress much more.
    -I just wanted to point out that the major government buildings being positioned on an island in a river is an homage to my hometown of Cedar Rapids, IA, one of only two(?) cities in the world to have such a feature in their city.
    Good work! Clean lines, perfect shadow. Keep going!