Thread: And now for something a lil bit different

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Oy, I had no idea about that font stuff, I just wanted each different type of label (city, country, ocean, etc) to have its own font as well as its own color or opacity. I guess I just wasted a whole night last night adding in more labels so I'll redo that tonight. As fas as that N goes, it bugged me as well so I changed the font and the spelling last night. I'll put up a wip once I get the re-fonting done as well as some other new additions.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Ok here are some updates. Added in more labels, then fixed/refonted them, redid the title banner, made some lil icons for interesting places (like towns, villages, forts, towers, temples, and shrines), added minor trade routes, added the compass, changed the mile markings into degrees of lat/long, added a frame and some other stuff I can't remember right now.

I didn't label everything because I didn't want the map to be overwhelmed with text at this smaller size, when I move on to making my normal larger maps everything gets a label. Not sure I'm happy with the icons yet but there is only so much info you can put into a 20 X 20 pixel brush. On larger maps I might hijack some of the symbols from CC3 (I have a contact sheet jpg).

Fonts used: Agincourt for the main title and country names, AL Afternoon Delight for cites and stuff, and Aramis for everything else (roads, rivers, oceans, etc.).

--PS: If some things are hard to read then zoom in to 200%.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ascension; 09-30-2008 at 08:06 PM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps