Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Feb/Mar 2017 Lite Challenge: The Cephalopod Class Battle Cruiser

Finally getting organised with what I'm doing - the map proper will be a copy of Captain Leroy Jedway's log book, while the full colour background is an image he captured on the way to a meeting with the Makayans.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cephalopod07.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	93662

Found this really cool font to do my map with....

Well, actually I hand wrote the notes and labels etc, but I thought you would all be too careful not to hurt my feelings by saying it looked bad if you knew it was my handwriting

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Cephalopod08.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	93675

I'm on the brink of swapping it out for a nice tidy handwriting font, and taking more care with the mapping. He is an educated man after all - Captain Jedway - even if keeping an actual journal and writing the words down himself is just as alien an idea as meeting the Makayans, due to the fact that he's never had to use a pen in his life

What do you think?

Ok - no thoughts on the 'font' I've decided to swap it out for a proper font anyway, because I can't fit what I want to write on the page unless I do, so here is the latest version.

The font is as tiny as I can get away with doing it - apologies to anyone with a small screen!

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Cephalopod09.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	7.10 MB 
ID:	93703

I'm still not really happy with the model, but I don't have time to worry about that right now. I'm going to concentrate all my effort in the last 24 hrs to getting the second much larger map done. Hope I can finish it in a day!
    Last edited by Mouse; 03-13-2017 at 10:47 PM.

It's really turning into a cool map Mouse! I don't know the first thing about blender, but the model turned out very cool and I like how you've done the hand drawn bit (is that actually your handwriting?! It's super neat!).

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    It's really turning into a cool map Mouse! I don't know the first thing about blender, but the model turned out very cool and I like how you've done the hand drawn bit (is that actually your handwriting?! It's super neat!).
    Aw thanks Daniel That means a lot coming from you now that I've seen your beautiful ship!

I think panic is responsible for the 'not-very-mouse' colour scheme on my Blender ship - which is the thing I'm not really all that happy about. I was running out of time! LOL!

No - sadly I swapped out my ordinary messy scrawl (my writing is totally 'junior school' because I think that's the last time I ever made regular use of a pencil or pen), and what I used instead is a font called 'Mathilde'. Think I got it from Dafont, but I can't be sure because I spent a day looking for something a bit less flowery than the usual script fonts all over the web

While there are several hours left till lock down, I've burnt out - been mapping for over 24 hrs solid, so this is it - warts and all

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	CEPH FINAL.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	7.42 MB 
ID:	93720

What I had in mind for the largest map in Captain Killroy's log was an ocean - complete with floating coral reefs and shoals of fish swirling through the water over the lower levels of the matrix, but I will have to do that another day now...

I really need to crash, so please accept my apologies if I don't respond to any comments for a few hours yet

Good luck everyone!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Even if you didn't have time to do all that you wanted to do, this is still pretty fantastic.

This bit: "...overriding protective instinct towards crew" is pretty chilling.

Nicely finished! Great composition / layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Even if you didn't have time to do all that you wanted to do, this is still pretty fantastic.

This bit: "...overriding protective instinct towards crew" is pretty chilling.
    Thanks Diamond

Anyone messes with her crew she'll EMP them dead in the void! She's their mommy all right!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Nicely finished! Great composition / layout.
    Thanks Bogie

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678