Quote Originally Posted by monks View Post
I would prefer more automation, but swapping out manually would be pretty straightforward for the image maps anyway. It would require that I write a check list, and go through them at each tile methodically so that I don't miss anything.
I think if we were to automate the xml write, opening a thread on the TG boards at some point would be a good idea. Might raise the profile of GTS as well.
Oh god no we will definitely automate it. Osh said that TG2 had a command line option to run a scene. I dont know what scene files there are in TG2 but I hope that its all wrapped up into one big file - text based preferably - xml ideally - which is how I believe it is.

We can either use the makefiles to copy in the masks and rename them and rerun the command line version, wait for the result and copy that generic render.png to render_73_22.png etc or we can write out thousands of xml files for each tile scene based on a master one which you set up and then run them all like compiling loads of files. Either way is the same kind of thing.

Either way I wouldnt expect anyone to run the program by hand 6400 times - or even 400 times if were doing a 4x4 set per run. The render times is a bit of a worry as well as it continuously crashing too. The crashing less so because we can just rerun the script and it will pick up where it left off providing it crashes cleanly. Could even provide a monitor program in the background to re-kick the script off if its not going etc.