Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mar / April '18 Lite Challenge: Castle Caenwyr

I just realised how little time is left for the challenge so I guess I really have to put that procrastination to the side now!

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    Nicer touch on the water. Not sure if it would help or not but maybe a little darker shade of blue to "highlight" the deeper areas? Water is always a pain for me if I am not working it as a height field, so I don't have much other advice to offer. Other than that this seems to be coming along nice enough. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks for the suggestion, if I get enough time I'll go back and play with putting some darker bits into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Great design ! Maybe add a little variation to the roofs with a grunge brush ? Or maybe you already planned on doing it.
    Thanks ThomasR! Originally I was going to put a texture of some type on the roofs but then I couldn't figure out a way to do it easily, that's one of the many things I stopped progressing on to do something else because I was stuck. Right now I'm not sure what I'm going to do to the roofs but something should be done to them for sure!

And on to the update. I have redone all the town buildings so that hopefully they look a bit better now. The other things I've done is added more roads and then did shading + highlights around the roads and on the trees.

### Latest WIP ###
    castle12.png

Good update, now it's starting to look finished. 4 days left!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Good update, now it's starting to look finished. 4 days left!
    We're getting there! (I think)

Added a bunch of stuff so hopefully now I just need to do a border and label all the things.

### Latest WIP ###
    castle15.png

Nice work
    I started a DeviantArt page
    https://strafwibble.deviantart.com/

A very nice map. The shadows look very convincing and add a lot of depth to the buildings!

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Nice work
    Thanks Straf! I spotted myself on your map, see if you can find yourself on this one now!

Quote Originally Posted by Neyasha View Post
    A very nice map. The shadows look very convincing and add a lot of depth to the buildings!
    Thanks Neyasha, I wasn't sure about the shadows as they were a bit of a mess to do!

### Latest WIP ###
    castle17.jpg

Unless anyone has an suggestions or spots any mistakes I think this might be the final version.

This is trivial because I'm thinking that the majority of people look at the map and refer to the key to see what each feature is. However I often look at the key and try to find the corresponding number on the map. It would be nice, therefore, if the numbers are presented in a logical form on the map. I'm OCD though and would probably execute an elf for putting a spoon in the drawer the wrong way round.

Nice work tough. I do think that the whole river might have been circled around the castle, but that may be true if I zoomed out a bit
    I started a DeviantArt page
    https://strafwibble.deviantart.com/

Nice to see it all come together! The shadows really add a lot to the map.

The Kitchen is famous for Bogies Baguettes!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123