Thread: The Garnok region of Baldimar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    They look nice.

I'm still not completel convinced by the cliff - it doesn't look isometric - more top down. Perhaps the lines on the cliff detail should be more vertical. Compare these two as an example:

cliffs.jpg

Ahhhh... thanks.... I see what you mean now.... will play with this tonight perhaps. I am kind of disappointed in my mountains compared to the ones I did in this post, but then again.... I am playing with a different color scheme in the map, so that can account for some of the differences also.... Perhaps I need to add a bit more black to the west slopes and smudge up along with the medium grey color I used....
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Ok... here are the mountains without outlines at all, just color. Perhaps I just need to got really small on the outlines of the mountains so that there is only a tiny fine line to delineate the shape???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

They are very nice indeed. I'm not sure you need an outline on these, but if you feel the need to add one then either go very thin, or set the outline to overlay. That means it will be a light line for the white mountains (and slightly darker on the shaded slope, and a darker outline for the dark mountains. That should stop it overwhelming the really nice detailing you've got going there.