It looks like you can generate a height field that plausibly represents terrain of a certain scale. That's good. It's more than a lot of folks can do, especially given the tools that you're using. However, a height field is a long way from making a final map!

You seem to have settled on hypsometric tinting with contours and a hint of lighting for the base map. That's a good start, but you're missing a real map key (you have a scale bar, but that's only part of a key). You have color, but what do those colors mean? Are they uniform (one color = X meters of elevation) or are they non-uniform (green=0-250 meter, brown=250-400 meter, gray=400-500 meter, white=500+ meter)? Do the river colors signify anything? Is the apparent lighting for any function other than decoration? What is the meaning of the different symbols and different fonts on the map? If it's a technical map, what is the projection and what is the printing agency? Do the lines around the border have any meaning?

I recommend picking up some real maps that are broadly similar in style scale and look at them. See what the cartographers did and see if you can figure out why they did it. Then do the things that make sense for your map.

I think of a map as an abstraction of a place, done for a client for a reason, and fixed in a particular medium. I grant you that making pictures with no purpose is kind of fun, but you really only get much better by intentional practice (that is, practicing for a purpose). A hard challenge for this kind of work is to make a high-level overview map and then a couple of zoomed-in versions of that map (continent, region, country, county). You'll learn what parts are easy to do and you'll learn about the importance of different levels of abstraction at map scales.