Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Create a random town

I found a working MSI of it instead of just the exe...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ascension, I hadn't seen this tutorial before, it's pure genius!!!

I'm off to have a play to see if I can use it to get more convincing house distribution by playing with the initial noise layer.

Rated 5 and repped (if I can).

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Thanks, bro. I should probably revisit this and see what sort of tweaks or streamlining I can do to it.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I've managed to get some reasonably believable city block designs with some fiddling (all filters)....I think we may be onto something here. This distribution doesn't look half bad. Now I just have to remember what I did to get this.

I did use the Xenoflex mosaic filter rather than the photoshop one...have you got that, Ascension?

Must say I'm quite excited about this!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Yep but I try not to use 3rd-party pay for plug-ins on my tuts...I like to get the ball rollin and let others experiment with their own tweaks with what they have. I do like the tip waldro had, tho, and your village has a real artistic feel to it. You'll have to make an addendum here with how you got that look Looks pretty cool.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123