Thread: Working on a publication: Kaidan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

That's really nice GP, I just could never get people so they looked any good.

But I Mad Skillz with Stick Figures!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post What I plan to draw...

Any art that needs some "pizazz" I'll commission one of my artists to do the work, but for simpler illustrations, I guess I'll do them myself. Like the Class description illustrations for the splat book - samurai, ashigaru, hatamoto, onmyoji, jugondo sorcerer, etc. Perhaps some basic Japanese scenes - mountain roads with PCs walking along it, landscapes, ships, that sort of thing.

Since aside from background information, primary development, I've got writers that will do most of the narratives and textual information, that frees me up for light illustrations and maps.

I hope I'm not going overboard on the art, I'm planning for some kind of art on half the pages of the splat (at least), since I believe illustrations should be a major part of any decent rules/setting handbook - I want to look like I've got one gigantic budget for the project, when the truth is, my budget is tiny at best. So many 3pp stuff, looks like their under budget - I want my game work to impress and have buyers look forward to additional publications for Kaidan as it becomes available.

Just thoughts on my plans...

GP

PS: if you're asking how I'm paying other writer/developers, since they're game developers too with their own projects, I'm doing maps for them on trade, instead of paying them!
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 07-10-2009 at 08:02 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Post Bizzare stuff...

I'm finding it completely bizzare. I was just dreaming up some possible adventure plots and posting them on the Dementia 5 forum - actually thinking in my head that these might be adventure plots for future greater campaign at the completion of the Gift mini-campaign arc.

However, as soon as I posted my first couple idea, the publisher contacted me and was interested in creating a haunted tomb sub-adventure in the first part, but as soon as he saw my "Cursed Ryokan" (a country inn that turns out to be the haunted location of a murder/suicide that occurred 50 years ago) he grabbed the idea and ran with it instead.

My other writer from Australia saw my two plot ideas that followed, and now they are being directly incorporated into Part 3 of the Gift mini-arc.

I see it as totally bizzare, I just post an adventure seed idea and it gets actuated immediately. I don't even need to fully develop the idea - they just run with it!

Hopefully I can keep up with the epiphanies, it helps drive the narrative it seems!

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 07-17-2009 at 01:21 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations