Thread: Trepindian Forest God Court

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

That pic (actually that artist's entire series!) is great--but I sure can't see myself ever doing that. Not enough talent in these little fingers, that's for sure! Plus I've always been more inclined toward impressionism and such, vs. super-realism. That being said, for fun I may someday try my hand at fantasy "Art"--just to prove to myself I should stick to maps.

PS: I diddled with the leaf pattern, Ravs--does that look better?
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Well, the simian creatures shucked out my poor adventurers over our last few gaming sessions, killing one PC, almost killing another, and causing so much damage that the men have to now abandon their exploration of the island--again. One of the men accidentally stabbed himself in the leg, too, permanently maiming it. Great fun was had by all.

Although not a map, I thought you all might be interested in seeing the "painting" of the creatures who inhabit the forested map area posted above. They are not, individually, very tough, but they fight in packs, hiding in the trees above, dropping from the trees and grappling/strangling opponents with their strong arms and prehensile tails (and close combat in GURPS also changes the rules of a fight a LOT!)

Take care!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Scary and dark! Good stuff!

Yea, when I was running my GURPS campaign, my players discovered just how lethal close combat could be as well. They quickly learned that in situations dealing with sentient races it is better to talk first.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Praise

Thanks for sharing, I always look forward to your contributions. When I saw your jungle creature I thought of strength and speed only a second away from violence. What a great set of supporting visuals for your story.
    "Rationality is the recognition of the fact that nothing can alter the truth and nothing can take precedence over that act of perceiving it."

Atlas Shrugged authored by Ayn Rand