Thread: Starship Sections Maps (Part 1)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Kihmbar, these look great.

If the objects are your own work, would you be willing to produce a folder of them separately, as Torstan did with his dungeon elements?

If they're not, could you link your source?

I'm planning to do some scifi interiors in Viewingdale, and If I could import these objects (consoles, weapons, pipes, etc) rather than making my own, it would save a lot of work.

Cheers.
    Mapping a Traveller ATU.

See my (fantasy-based) apprenticeship blog at:

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...forums&sx=1024

Look for Chit Chat, Sandmann's blog. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by icosahedron View Post
    Kihmbar, these look great.

If the objects are your own work, would you be willing to produce a folder of them separately, as Torstan did with his dungeon elements?

If they're not, could you link your source?

I'm planning to do some scifi interiors in Viewingdale, and If I could import these objects (consoles, weapons, pipes, etc) rather than making my own, it would save a lot of work.

Cheers.
    My sources are:
    The Holocron - Under Downloads --> Tiles there is a download called 101 Map-Making Objects. These are all for the Star Wars universe (but I'm sure you could apply them to other Sci-fi settings). I use the computers and chairs from this object pack quite frequently.
    RPG MapShare - Their gallery has Sci-fi objects (vehicles, spacecraft, creatures, structures, weapons, etc.). I believe the tanks from the gas refinery overlay came from the "Modern" objects section of RPG MapShare.
    Wizards of the Coast SWMinis Forum - There is one thread in particular (Maps and Elements) which has a lot of good objects for the Star Wars universe.
    Dundjinni Modern/Sci-fi Forums - I've found some good stuff from these forums, but sometimes you get things that are specifically designed for the Dundjinni software.
    NASA Picture of the Day - I use this site for background images. They usually have a Hubble picture two or three times a week.

I have made my own objects. Right now it is just a few, the reactor and the generator. I'll start up a new thread in "Mapping Elements" for those. I usually try to find it somewhere first (there isn't any reason to re-invent the wheel) and if I don't find what I'm looking for, I'll make it. So far, the objects I have created are based on fan art of new modules for the Battlestations game. I wanted objects which were present in the Battlestations tiles and couldn't find something close - so I made my own.