Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: My world - The Everlandias

Removing the settlements has indeed made the map look cleaner... I think it looks betters!

I still have some problems with some labels. Some examples:
    - The Rhizan Expanse
    - The Bhuj Midlands
    - The Beljedan Highlands

These are not very readable I think, because they are transparant.
    Otherwise a very nice map!

As for the legend, you could at least explain the different icons for the cities and what is a land trade route and a sea trade route.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

@Gandwarf. Yeah, I will make the sea and land trade routes seperate on the legend but what do you mean by explaining the differences of city icons. Do you mean make a different icon for Sol, Laer and Keis? Or do you mean explain the differences between fort and cities symbols? Sorry, I'm a little confused.

I will look into those hard to read labels.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

I just noticed you already have a legend, with the different settlement icons explained. I totally overlooked it. Ignore my comment about the city icons then.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

This has developed into a great piece of work.

My one little nit-pick is the larger red labels, very tough to read (especially over the forests). Other than that it's very nice.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Red labels? Oh, do you mean the land trade routes or the country symbol for Haart?

-D_
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LonewandererD View Post
    Red labels? Oh, do you mean the land trade routes or the country symbol for Haart?
    No I mean the country labels (sorry should've been more specific) like New Demora(?) in the south.

Red over green can be troublesome (think color-blindness tests).
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Okay, this is the last chance to suggest any changes to the map before I call it done. As much as I love this map I want to move on before it drives me insane. I've already started to break it down into smaller maps.

-D-
    Attached Images Attached Images

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

No more suggestions...
    It turned out beautiful. So how many hours?

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Looks great, and only wanting for a higher resolution to read some of the smaller labels. Also, for whatever reason (and I'm not color-blind by any means) but the New Demora label is still the hardest to read of the country labels. It might be the color, although I usually find red-on-green pleasantly fine to read, but in this case I think Steel may still be right. Otherwise, Great job.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Here's what I think...the colored text for the country names is still hard to read (but much much better...probably due to the font rather than the color) but I did snag a copy for myself...so that says a lot. Nice job.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast