Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Political Map - Thelonian Empire

Praise nice looking map

I really like the style of this map. Look forward to seeing the finished product.

I think the blur on the rivers is a nice improvement. You could also try a slight transparency if you want to soften it up a bit.

Latest WIP.

I re-did the city/town labels. There's still something not quite right about them. Something about them doesn't sit right with me.

urthpolitical074.JPG
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Looks like some sort of anti-aliasing issue with the font you are using.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Here's an updated picture.

I changed the roads to a solid gray line instead of red dashes. I was unsure about how they looked. Is this an improvement?

urthpolitical086.JPG
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by cereth View Post
    Here's an updated picture.

I changed the roads to a solid gray line instead of red dashes. I was unsure about how they looked. Is this an improvement?

urthpolitical086.JPG
    To be honest, "I" prefer roads to be distinct, so prefer the dotted line one. I guess it's hard for me to pick out several different types of lines (roads, rivers, political borders, whatever) on a map and easily figure out whats what. This is especially the case with a topographical map, since you are already using a greyish color for the elevation lines.....

EDIT: perhaps it would be more clear if the road lines a was in a not so muted color (going back to the maroon family??), but I still prefer the dotted ones..
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12