Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oct / Nov 2016 Lite Challenge: The Lands Beneath The World

Guild Member

I think that film scarred all but the most soulless kids who watched it! Wonder if anyone has ever done a map of that world, maybe a distant future project just for the fun of it!

Thanks mixerbach! Stumped on Illithid place names, that's what has stopped the next WIP. I mean, they've got tentacles for faces, what the hell would they call their towns?!

Guild Member

Oh and it was meant to be "To Orcrum", dodgy font I guess. Now it's definitely going to be "Lo Orcrum"

Whoa! I love your idea, man! If you're interested in finding help for your map of the NeverEnding Story, I'd be happy to assist in any way I can. 100% For Reals ;-)

Regarding the Illithid names on your map, I wanted to share a site I've used off and on for mapping and just fantasy writing in general: fantasynamegenerators.com. If you're not familiar with it, it's pretty fantastic. It has probably several hundred different generators dedicated to creating lists of names for people, places and things. It even has several that create short descriptions of items, deities, towns, etc. Check it out, if you have a chance.

And now for something completely different! :-D
    I've gotta say learning that "Lo Orcrum" was actually "To Orcrum" instantly shot an image into my head, something along the lines of...

Letters To Orcrum
    A Love Story

Yeah, I know, totally random, eh? lol!

Blog Entries

This looks great so far... the font choice was superb and I am of the opinion that the minor pixellation contributes to the style (whether that was intentional or not). I also love the icons you drew for "The White Watchmen" and "The Realms of Illithid". If you're looking for a forum avatar, I recommend you use that purple alien/monster thing

If I may offer a suggestion, I think you should consider making your water darker and more textured. Its current brightness contrasts with the theme you have going. If you could darken it (and also perhaps make it look like a drought was going on), I think that would be really cool.

Overall, it's very attention-getting!
    The best maps are the ones we like the most after looking at the longest.

I love the amount of detail you've included in this. Looks great.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12